[NPFX Ep. 38] Don't Hang Up: 3 Ways to Make Telefundraising Work for You in 2023
Welcome to The Nonprofit Fundraising Exchange, a podcast from IPM Advancement. Our mission is to empower nonprofits to succeed so they can make the world a better place.
Today’s topic: Don't Hang Up — 3 Ways to Make Telefundraising Work for You in 2023
Does telefundraising still work for nonprofits? Yes and no. In the season 4 premiere episode of NPFX, we discuss the challenges of telephone fundraising today, mistakes nonprofits most often make when using the telephone for fundraising, and 3 innovative telephone strategies you can use in 2023 to help raise more money and advance your cause. Don't ditch telefundraising yet!
Time-Stamped Episode Shortcuts:
- Does telephone fundraising still work for nonprofits, and how has it changed? [1:59]
- Using telefundraising to connect with mid-level and major donors [3:51]
- How political calls and the pandemic impacted nonprofit telephone fundraising [7:22]
- How to test if fundraising by telephone is right for your nonprofit [11:01]
- What is a "Telefund Townhall" and how can it help you connect with donors? [12:42]
- Challenges nonprofits face when launching a telefundraising program [18:50]
- Using automated calls (robocalls) to support your direct mail fundraising [20:27]
- Common mistakes nonprofits make in running telefundraising campaigns [22:58]
Special Offer: Free 30-minute consultation for NPFX listeners
Subscribe to NPFX:
Samantha Timlick, vice president of client services for IPM Advancement, provides subject matter expertise that covers all aspects of client and project management including direct mail, telemarketing, and digital campaigns. Since 2007 she has managed renewal, appeal, and acquisition programs encompassing more than 200 million total recipients.
Rich Frazier has worked in the nonprofit sector for over 30 years. In his role as senior consultant with IPM Advancement, Rich offers extensive understanding and knowledge in major gifts program management, fund development, strategic planning, and board of directors development.
Russ Phaneuf, a co-founder of IPM Advancement, has a background in higher education development, with positions at the University of Hartford, Northern Arizona University, and Thunderbird School of Global Management. As IPM's managing director & chief strategist, Russ serves as lead fundraising strategist, award-winning content creator, and program analyst specializing in applied system dynamics.