[NPFX Ep. 17] Ask the Experts: Listener Questions about Copywriting for Nonprofit Fundraising
Welcome to The Nonprofit Fundraising Exchange, a podcast from IPM Advancement. Our mission is to help you raise more money so you can make the world a better place.
Today’s topic: Ask the Experts — Listener Questions about Copywriting for Nonprofit Fundraising
In response to our two-part series on the 12 Mistakes Nonprofits Make in Their Fundraising Copywriting, we received several follow-up questions that we discuss in today's podcast episode.
Time-Stamped Episode Shortcuts:
- How to fill a crowded appeal calendar with engaging content [2:44]
- Where to find powerful stories about your nonprofit's work [5:26]
- How many pages should your fundraising appeal be? [7:32]
- What to do if you have a limited direct mail budget [7:52]
- 4 questions you need to answer to write a successful appeal [12:36]
- Ways to boost your donor response rate [17:02]
- The most important part of your direct mail fundraising appeal [17:54]
- How many of your nonprofit's programs should you feature in an appeal? [23:10]
- Whether or not you should still be messaging about COVID [26:20]
- Using A/B testing to help make your best appeals even better [29:12]
Special Offer: Free 30-minute consultation for NPFX listeners
Additional IPM Resources:
- IPM's free Nonprofit Resource Library
- 12 Mistakes Nonprofits Make in Their Fundraising Copywriting: Part 1 | Part 2
- Nonprofit Fundraising Messaging in the COVID-19 Era — 8 Essential Elements
- What Should I Write About in My Next Fundraising Appeal?
- Quick Tips to Boost Response from Direct Mail Fundraising
Subscribe to NPFX: